FPS Finance has opened the portal for the submission of personal income tax returns for income year 2021 (assessment year 2022). As in previous years, the tax authorities encourage taxpayers to submit their returns electronically via Tax-on-Web. You will find some practical information below.
What is the deadline for submitting your tax return?
- Deadline for filing your tax return on paper: 30 June 2022
- Deadline for amending the simplified tax return proposal on the paper response form: 30 June 2022
- Deadline for amending the simplified tax return proposal on Tax-on-web: 15 July 2022 (for citizens and tax agents/accountants).
- Deadline for citizens filing tax returns on Tax-on-web: 15 July 2022
- Deadline for tax agents/accountants filing returns on Tax-on-web: 30 September 2022
However, it will be advantageous for your clients if you file their returns before 30 August 2022:
- they will receive any refund due sooner
- or they will be able to pay later.